Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools


Hi! I’m back.

What a break I took from my poor, neglected blog.

It’s been a whirlwind of a March and I blinked and it’s April. How in the world did that even happen?
My husband, David and I went on a quick trip to Arizona to celebrate my cousin’s daughter’s wedding. We literally were gone for less than 24 hours! But I was so happy to go! What a beautiful wedding. The couple looked so happy. I got to visit with family that I don’t see often enough. I did the things I love to do: dance, laugh, eat, and drink.
It reminded me about a piece of advice someone gave me before my wedding almost 14 years ago. They told me to take a moment a few times during the wedding to look around, be present, and really feel the love, see the people, appreciate the sights and sounds. So many times, an event happens after months of planning and darts by before you know it. I think life can be that way too.
We blink and months go by, a year flies by.
Did we even experience it?
Life is so busy.
Kids need to be driven here and there. Groceries need to be bought. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner need to be made, eaten and cleaned up. Wash needs to be folded and put away, Work happens Monday, Tuesday, all of a sudden it’s Friday. School, homework . . .
WAIT!!!
We need to live life-life should not get to live us!
Breathe. Count 1, 2, and 3. Breathe again.
Okay.
I’m ready for life now.
I’m ready to appreciate the experiences: good and bad.
(Although I prefer good, please)
I’m not going to be the April fool this time. Are you?

I know this is a short blog post this time.
But, I have a lot more to say.
We will be talking soon!

Enjoy life,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment